This project focuses on the definition of new models and editing tools for color images, by studying the geometrical properties of color sample sets.
A first body of work studies the characterization of color constraints in color sets with few elements (e.g. color palettes). Research results have been published to Siggraph 2017 , and a transfer program is currently starting to make our approach available in commercial software.
A second body of work focuses on the detection and modelling of structural color components in images. The goal of this work is to provide high level editing tools for artists, as well as better processing tools (e.g. color transfer, color palette extraction).
- Nicolas Mellado — STORM group, CNRS-IRIT
- David Vanderhaeghe — STORM group, IRIT
- Rémi Cozot — Percept team, IRISA
- Filippo Fanni (research intern, IRIT)
- Paul Bernardi (research intern, IRIT)
- Baptiste Delos (undergrad research intern, IRIT)
- 12-months R&D position on Structural Color Processing: job description.
- Constrained Palette-Space Exploration
Nicolas Mellado, David Vanderhaeghe, Charlotte Hoarau, Sidonie Christophe, Mathieu Brédif, Loic Barthe.
ACM Trans. Graph. 36, 4, Article 0304 (July 2017), 14 pages.
- Palette-based Photo Recoloring
Huiwen Chang, Ohad Fried, Yiming Liu, Stephen DiVerdi, Adam Finkelstein
ACM Transactions on Graphics (Proc. SIGGRAPH), July 2015
- Decomposing Images into Layers via RGB-Space Geometry. [code]
Jianchao Tan, Jyh-Ming Lien, and Yotam Gingold. 2016.
ACM Trans. Graph. 36, 1, Article 7 (November 2016), 14 pages. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/2988229
- Palette-Based Image Recoloring Using Color Decomposition Optimization
Q. Zhang, C. Xiao, H. Sun and F. Tang,
IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1952-1964, April 2017.
- LayerBuilder: Layer Decomposition for Interactive Image and Video Color Editing
Sharon Lin, Matthew Fisher, Angela Dai, Pat Hanrahan
Arxiv. Submitted on 13 Jan 2017 (v1), last revised 16 Jan 2017 (this version, v2))
- Unmixing-Based Soft Color Segmentation for Image Manipulation
Yağiz Aksoy, Tunç Ozan Aydin, Aljoša Smolić, and Marc Pollefeys.
ACM Trans. Graph. 36, 2, Article 19 (March 2017)
- |Mixed illumination analysis in single image for interactive color grading,
Sylvain Duchêne, Carlos Aliaga, Tania Pouli, and Patrick Pérez. 2017. Proceedings of the Symposium on Non-Photorealistic Animation and Rendering (NPAR ’17).