Associate professor at the Université Paul Sabatier of Toulouse (France)- Co-Head of the VORTEX Group
Researcher in the VORTEX group (Virtual Objects : from Reality To EXpression) of the IRIT laboratory
- IRIT-CNRS UMR 5505 - Université Paul Sabatier
118, Route de Narbonne
31062 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
- 0033 (0)5 6155 6312 - Loic.Barthe@irit.fr
- Main Interest
Intuitive geometric modelling - Models for shape/volume representation
PhD position available
more details here.
10 Latest News
Image of the Day
"Implicit Skinning: Real-Time Skin Deformation with Contact Modeling", by Rodolphe Vaillant et al., Siggraph 2013.
Short BioCo-Head of the VORTEX Group (since May 2012)
Associate Editor for Graphical Models (GMOD)
Member of the Eurographics French Chapter executive board (vice-president 2009-2012)
Best Paper Award Jury for Geometric & Physical Modeling (SPM2011) 2011, Organizer for AFIG/EGFR 2005 to 2012
Scientific Program Committee for Expressive 2013, GD/SPM 2013, WSCG 2013, 2012, SBIM 2012, 2011, 2008, GI 2012, 2011, Siggraph Asia S&P 2011, 2010, SMI 2010, 2005 to 2008, EWNP 2009, 2008, SPBG 2006 to 2008
Reviewer for Siggraph, Siggraph Asia, TOG, Eurographics, CGF, CAGD, C&G, TVC, CAVW, etc
Reviewer in PhD Jury: Lucian Stanculescu 2013, Noura Faraj 2013, Simon Boyé 2012, Yacine Boumzaïd 2012
Examinator in PhD Jury: Adrien Bernhardt 2013, Damien Rohmer 2011, François Destelle 2010, Mickaël Vermet 2010, Jamie Wither 2008
Funded Projects: IM&M (ANR 2012-2015), NatSim (ANR 2006-2009)
Reviewer for the ANR (National Research Agency)
Expert for the JEI and CIR (Jeunes Entreprises Innovantes et Crédit d'impôt Recherche, french government department of research and industry)
Active Collaborations: Marie-Paule Cani (INRIA Rhône-Alpes - France), Brian Wyvill (University of Victoria - Canada), Mario Botsch (University of Bielefeld - Germany), Gael Guennebaud (INRIA Bordeaux Sud-Ouest - France)
Member ACM Siggraph, Eurographics, SIF, AFIG
PhD and Post-Docs
- 2002-2003: Research associate in the Computer Graphics group of the University of Aachen - Germany
- 2001-2002: Research associate in the Rainbow group of the University of Cambridge - UK
- 1997-2000: PhD thesis in the SIRV group, IRIT laboratory of the University of Toulouse - France
Research in Videos: Vimeo top
VORTEX's LogoThe VORTEX logo has been designed by Nicolas Barthe in 2009 (send him an email).
- 23/08/2012 - The first IM&M workshop will hold in Toulouse (IRIT / Université Paul Sabatier) from 3 September 2012 to 5 Spetember 2012.
- 24/06/2012 - I'll give a presentation at "Ecole primaire de Saint Hilaire" of Montauban, June 25th 2012, on "Science and some applications to computer graphics: the maths you're learning at 10 years old can be exciting!".
- 05/06/2012 - I'll give two presentations at "Collège Jean-Paul Laurent" of Ayguesvives, June 7th 2012, on "Linear functions and some applications to computer graphics: the maths you're learning at 14 years old can be exciting!".
- 13/04/2012 - Anthony Pajot left us for Oktal SE (PhD defense : 26/04/2012 - 10h30 - IRIT1).
- 28/03/2012 - Gaël Guennebaud (INRIA Bordeaux Sud-Ouest) will give a talk April 3rd at 12h15 (salle des thèses, IRIT1-UPS).
- 23/03/2012 - Gaël Guennebaud (INRIA Bordeaux Sud-Ouest) is visiting us for two days (April 3rd and 4th).
- 13/03/2012 - I'll give a presentation March 21th at the LaBri Lab, Bordeaux.
- 13/03/2012 - I'll give a presentation March 15th at the LSIIT Lab, Strasbourg.
- 28/02/2012 - I'll give a presentation March 1st - 14h at the LIRIS Lab, Lyon.
- 27/02/2012 - Florian Canezin joined us as Master Student. He will work in the IM&M project.
- 15/02/2012 - The LabEx (Laboratory of Excellence) project CIMI (partenership IRIT/IMT) has been accepted.
- 26/01/2012 - Anthony Pajot will defend his PhD the 26/04/2012 at the IRIT Laboratory.
- 14/11/2011 - Gaël Guennebaud (INRIA Bordeaux Sud-Ouest) is visiting us for two days (17th and 18th).
- 01/10/2011 - Our paper "Effective Despeckling of HDR Images" has been accepted as Technical Sketch at Siggraph Asia 2011.
- 01/10/2011 - Our paper "Robust Adaptive Sampling For Monte-Carlo-Based Rendering" has been accepted as Poster at Siggraph Asia 2011.
- 26/08/2011 - Rodolphe Vaillant-David joined us as PhD student. He is co-supervised and funded by Brian Wyvill (University of Victoria - Canada) and he will work in the IM&M project.
- 09/07/2011 - I'm now "Maître de Conférence Habilité à Diriger les Recherches"... a bit long ! Special thanks to Dominique Faudot, John Hughes, Christophe Schlick, Marie-Paule Cani, Bruno Levy and Mathias Paulin. Download my HDR Report.
- 15/06/2011 - I will defend my HDR the 8th of July (at around 10h30).
- 03/06/2011 - Our ANR-JCJC (young researcher programme) "Implicit Models & Meshes" has been accepted.
- 24/05/2011 - Gaël Guennebaud (INRIA Bordeaux Sud-Ouest) is visiting us.
- 13/04/2011 - My son Corentin is born.
- 04/04/2011 - My HDR report is finally written.
- 21/03/2011 - Olivier Gourmel left us, he has been hired by Real-Fusio.
- 18/03/2011 - Our paper "Sample-Space Bright Spots Removal Using Density Estimation" has been accepted for publication at GI 2011.
All Day Images