Toward robust analysis of unstructured point-cloud
My research interests focus on the analysis of unstructured data (usually point-clouds) generated by acquiring a physical object or scene, a very hot topic in several research communities (Computer&Graphics, Pattern Recognition, …) and in the industry. Above all the research aspects, I’m considering the following challenges: 1) there is currently no practical formalism allowing to characterize shapes at locals, medium and large scales at once, 2) the notion of a shape scale within an object is still ill-defined, despite a wide range of attempts, 3) very few studies have been published on the transitions between the pertinent scales and shapes of a 3D model.
In addition to these theoretical challenges, I’m also very interested in the applications that could be enhanced by more efficient analysis of raw point clouds: cleaning, reconstruction, abstraction, completion, recognition, etc. I’m also keeping track of the last advances in the industry, and I’m working with companies to transfer my research.
I’m looking for students, PhD students and post-doc on 3D shape analysis and processing.
Open calls are listed on our group webpage.
I’m also open to scientific, R&D and industrial partnerships.
Feel free to contact me !
Last update: July 10th, 2017.
- July 29th: I’m reporting what’s happening at Siggraph 2017 for the AFIG-IGRV. Check it out here (in french): mission-siggraph-2017.
- July 5th: Our C++ library got the SGP Software Award !
- June 29th: I’ll participate to the Innovation IT Days with Toulouse Tech Transfer.
- May 28th – June 2d 2017: I’m attending the Dagstuhl seminar on Geometric Modelling, Interoperability and New Challenges, and I will give a talk entitled Multi-scale differential analysis of point-clouds (slides).
- May 18th 2017: I’ll give a talk at Airbus, entitled Acquired 3D data analysis and processing, to present my collaboration with Franck Cazal (Airbus IDLab).
- March 25th 2017: Our paper Constrained Palette-Space Exploration has been conditionally accepted at SIGGRAPH 2017.
- March 14th 2017: I’ll be travelling during the upcoming weeks, feel free to ping me if you are around:
- March 21th – Paris: meeting Marc Baaden , researcher in computational chemistry and director of the Laboratory of Theoretical Biochemistry (UPR).
- March 23th – Toulouse: visiting the Clément Ader Institute (ICA) in Toulouse, a leading laboratory on the study of structures, systems and mechanical processes, applied in the fields of aeronautics, space, transportation and energy.
- March 27-29 – Paris: CNRS newcomers meeting.
- March 4th 2017: Céline Michaud’s poster on Mesh Simplification With Curvature Error Metric has been accepted at Eurographics 2017.
- February 22-24 2017: Rémi Cozot is visiting our team, and will give a talk on Automatic Light Compositing using Rendered Images.
- February 21th 2017: New position in our team for a 7-months maturation program. We seek for an engineer with competences in Computer Graphics (Geometry Processing, Rendering) with a strong C++/OpenGL background.
- December 2016: New open positions in our team (here). Valentin Roussellet got the best paper award at the national conference J*FIG in Grenoble, for his paper Implicit-based secondary motions for characters animation.
- October 1st 2016: I’m officially joining the VORTEX team, AGGA group as full-time researcher.
- previous entries …
Affiliation: CNRS, IRIT, Université de Toulouse, INPT, UPS, UT1C, UT2J, France.
- 2016-Now: CNRS researcher (chargé de recherche) at IRIT.
- 2014-2016: Post-doc at IRIT, Université Paul-Sabatier (Toulouse, France), with David Vanderhaeghe,
- 2013-2014: Post-doc at University College London working with Niloy Mitra,
- 2012-2013: Post-doc at Inria Bordeaux Sud-Ouest (France), working with Pascal Barla, Gaël Guennebaud and ArcheoVision,
- 2009-2012: PhD thesis at Inria Bordeaux Sud-Ouest (France), supervised by Patrick Reuter and Christophe Schlick.
Research interests (see publication and research pages for details)
- 3D shape analysis: focusing on acquired data, possibly with complex geometry and multiple pertinent scales
- 3D shape registration: focusing on global (no input pose) rigid registration with partial overlap,
- Semi-automatic systems: mixing efficient computations and interaction for real-time solutions.
- Anahid Ghazanfarpour (co-advisor: Jean-Pierre Jessel)
- Céline Michaud (co-advisor: Mathias Paulin. Company: Oktal-SE)
- Thibault Lejemble
- Xavier Chalut
- Fatemi Arezou
- Georges Nader
- Bastien Perpère
- Airbus IDLab