The ADRIA team contributes to the development of new approaches to knowledge representation, reasoning and decision in Artificial intelligence. In this context, the representation and the processing of incomplete, uncertain, imprecise or inconsistent information, as well as preferences, for reasoning, decision and planning are its core concerns.
Formal frameworks are proposed and studied by ADRIA for reasoning, decision, argumentation and learning.
The addressed problems rely on basic formal tools like:
Possibility and imprecise probability theories for the treatment of
Logical or graphical models for the representation of preferences (VCSP, CP-Nets, GAI-Nets, …). Non-monotonic, weighted, or fuzzy logics intended to bypass the inadequacy of classical logical inference at capturing specific features of human reasoning.
- Reasoning Current work deals with:
The links between (generalized) possibilistic logic, modal logics, multivalued logics and logic programming.
The revision and the fusion of uncertain and partially conflicting pieces of information coming from multiple sources.
Commonsense reasoning based on analogical proportions.
- Decision We focus on axiomatic foundations of decision rules in the qualitative setting, as well as logical and computational tools for multicriteria and/or collective decision and planning problems. Their highly combinatorial nature requires the search for tractable subclasses.
- Argumentation We develop formal models of argumentation and their applications to reasoning, explaining decisions, or modeling dialogues (for negotiation purposes especially).
- Learning ADRIA is interested in various aspects of artificial learning (analogy, preference learning, formal concept analysis), and their adaptation to uncertainty frameworks but also to its connection to human learning (à la Piaget).
This methodological work is generally carried out in connection to
applications, like scheduling, diagnosis, risk analysis, optimization and product configuration.
- Risk analysis and safety criteria for the underground storage of CO2
- Nutri-Educ system for human assistance in dietetics
- Data reconciliation in material flow analysis of rare earths
- Production planning and risk management for supply chains