WORKSHOP ON ENERGY TRANSITION AND ERS
Energy regulatory sandboxes (ERS) arise as supporting tools for innovation in the energy sector. They aim to provide an experimental testing environment to stimulate and promote innovation to develop new business models to avoid regulatory and market barriers. Regulatory sandboxes can provide stable conditions for a limited period and geographical application. They can also open or repeal regulations for developing new energy products or services in a real-world environment avoiding the current rules that ensure centralized works.
This workshop will focus on how this new tool supports innovation in the energy transition and on analysing the innovative experimentation tools available and their application in Europe. A round table with regulatory authorities, companies, and research centres will provide leads on the relevance of Energy Regulatory Sandboxes to facilitate the market launch of innovations helpful to move towards a decarbonized economy.
4:00-4:15PM | WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION
- Joan Batalla, Director-General of Funseam
- Georges Zissis, Tr@nsnet Project director
4:15-4:40PM | REGULATORY EXPERIMENTATION IN ENERGY
- Leonardo Meeus, Executive Deputy Director, Online Affairs of the Florence School of Regulation at the European University Institute
4:40-5:00PM | Q&A
5:00-5:30PM | REPORT ON ENERGY REGULATORY SANDBOXES
- Manuel Villa-Arrieta, Researcher of Funseam
5:30-6:30PM | ROUNDTABLE: ANALYSING THE ERS FROM DIFFERENT POINTS OF VIEW
- Elena de Benavides, Head of Corporate Venturing and Innovation Ecosystems at Elewit
- Rafael Sánchez, General Manager of Andalusia and Extremadura of Endesa
- Enrique Morgades, Secretary-General of Futured
- Chairman: German López, Head of the Energy sector (Technological Corporation of Andalusia)