My research interests mainly fall in the area of Information Retrieval. I'm currently working on the following subjects:
- Aggregated search: the aim is to group information nuggets coming from different sources in order to compose an aggregated result for the user. More precisely, we are interested in:
- Relational aggregated search: attribute retrieval, relation retrieval, etc.
- Cross-vertical aggregated search
- Contextual Information Retrieval
- Information retrieval in data streams
In the past, I also worked on
- Evaluation of Information retrieval: protocol, metrics, etc. (Quaero project)
- Information retrieval on semi-structured documents
(like XML documents).
This research was supported by the XFIRM system,
which has been developed during my PhD thesis. I was mainly interested in:
- the automatic processing of heterogeneous collections
- the use of graph theory in retrieval (AOC project)
I also participated to works about multimedia retrieval and relevance feedback in XML documents.
Projects and Evaluation campaigns
Demonstration, http://www.vizurbi.com (not maintained)
Open source public transport visualisation project based on Open Data.
With AurÃ©lien Garivier (IMT)
outil Agile pour la COnception et VAlidation SystÃ¨me
ANR CAIR Project (Contextual Aggregated Information Retrieval)
platform- Open Services for Indexing and Research Information in Multimedia -
Reviewer for the following journal/conferences:
- IS journal
- IR journal
- TOIS journal
- IPM journal
- SIIM 2011, 2013 Symposium
- Poster session of the SIGIR 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016 conference
- CIKM 2011 Conference
- ECIR 2014, 2015, 2016 Conference
- CORIA 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Conference
- "Semaine du Document NumÃ©rique et de la Recherche d'Information" (CORIA and CIFED Conferences), March 2016, Toulouse, France
- CLEF (Cross-Language Evaluation Forum) 2015 Conference, September 2015, Toulouse, France
- Conference "Extraction and Gestion des Connaissances", January 2013, Toulouse, France
- Symposium SIIM ("Ingénierie de l'information médicale"), June 2011, Toulouse, France
- Conference "Base de Données Avancées", October 2010, Toulouse, France
- INFORSID Conference, may 2009, Toulouse, France
- European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR) , april 2009, Toulouse, France
- Autumn School in Information Retrieval and Applications (EARIA) , october 2008, Boussens, France
Current PhD students
- Thibaut Thonet, since september 2014.
Aggregated search and opinion detection.
- Thomas Palmer, since september 2014.
Contextual Information Retrieval in data streams.
Past : PhD thesis
Past: MsC students
- Thibaut Thonet, 2014 -
Subject: Aggregated search and assistance to news reading
- Rafik Abbes, 2012 -
Subject: Usefulness of Linked Data for relationnal aggregated search
- Firas Damak, 2010 -
Subject: Evaluating cross-vertical aggregated search
- Ines Krichen, 2010 -
Subject: Information extraction, selection and aggregation using a knowledge base
- Mai Dong Le, 2009 -
Subject: Graphs and semantic matching of XML documents
- Julien Boujot, 2008 -
Sujet: Using links for structured information retrieval : XMLRank
- Mouna Torjmen, 2006 -
Subject: Context-oriented retrieval for XML multimedia search
- Lobna Hlaoua, 2004 -
Subject: Information retrieval for XML documents using a relevance propagation method.
In charge of communication for the French-speaking association ARIA
[ --> W3C
Web site of the World Wide Web Consortium
[ --> TREC
TREC - Text Retrieval Conference
[ --> EDMITT
Ecole Doctorale en MathÃ©matiques, Informatique et Télécommunications de Toulouse
[ --> ARIA
French-speaking association for Information Retrieval