Thesis: Implicit muscle models for interactive character skinning defended on the 25th of June 2018.
Supervisor : Pr. Loïc Barthe, Université de Toulouse
Computer graphics, game physics, geometric modelling, animation and skinning.
I am researching skinning and surface deformation techniques for computer animations. Currently our team is looking to improve and extend the usage of implicit surfaces.
My current research project is focused on adding dynamic effects such as secondary motion, muscle bulging, tissue jiggling or clothes to animated characters eschewing the need for costly physical simulation. I defended my thesis on implicit muscles models for skinning in June 2018.
- Ph.D. in Computer Graphics at the University of Toulouse (Toulouse, France, 2014-2018).
- Software Engineer, Havok Physics Engine (Dublin, Ireland, 2012-2014).
- R&D Intern, Dassault Systèmes, Life-like physics and animation (Paris, France, 2011).
- Master's Degree in Advanced Electronics and Computer Engineering, at École Centrale Paris (Paris, France, 2011).
- Master-level exchange program at Doshisha University,
Supervisor : Pr. Hiroshi Yamaguchi. Science and Engineering Research Institute (Kyoto, Japan, 2010).
Publications and Conference Presentations
- 2018 : Dynamic implicit muscles for character skinning, Computers & Graphics 77, pp.227-239. Elsevier. [DOI] [PDF] [BibTeX] [Youtube video]
- 2018 : Implicit muscle models for interactive character skinning. Ph.D. thesis, Université de Toulouse. [PDF] [BibTeX]
- 2017 : Scalar fields and secondary motion in character animation. Presented at Eurographics 2017's Doctoral Consortium.
- 2016 : Implicit-based secondary motion for character animation. Presented at j.FIG 2016, joint conference EG-FR / AFIG. (best paper award - honorable mention)
- 2011 : Realistic animation of virtual characters. Master's thesis, École Centrale Paris.
- 2010 : Natural convection of temperature-sensitive magnetic fluids in porous media, Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics 3 (1), pp.121-130. Cambridge University Press. [DOI] [PDF] [BibTeX]
At Université de Toulouse
- Advanced algorithms and heuristics (Graduate, 2016-2017)
A* lecture : [French] [English]
- Introduction to Computer Graphics (Undergraduate, 2016-2018)
- Object-oriented programming and meta-programming in C++ (Graduate, 2016-2017)
- Graph Theory (Undergraduate, 2016-2017)
- Data structures and algorithms in C (Undergraduate, 2014-2016)
- 3D rendering with OpenGL (Graduate, 2014-2018)
- Acceleration structures for 3D geometry (Graduate, 2014-2016)
At École Centrale Paris
- Introduction to operating systems and networking (Undergraduate, 2011)
ACM Transactions on Graphics, Computers & Graphics, Computer Graphics International (CGI 2016)