Interdisciplinary reading group on e-democracy
IRIT, University of Toulouse
This reading groups wants to study the phenomenom of e-democracy from an interdisciplinary perspective: while most presentation will take a computational perspective, we will not leave aside its practical, sociological and philosophical aspects. It takes place at the Manufacture de Tabacs twice a month, and it is organised by Umberto Grandi and Arianna Novaro.
Meetings are typically on Thursdays from 16:00 to 17:30.
- 27 June - 4 July 2017: Toulouse E-Democracy Summer School (organised by Labex CIMI and IRIT)
- 27 April 2017: Workshop on Theoretical Aspects of e-Democracy, Manufacture de Tabacs
- 23 March 2017 - - 16:00 in room MD302: Introduduction to Communitarism (Arianna Novaro)
- 9 March 2017 - - 16:00 in room MD302: Deliberation by the People Themselves, by James Fishkin (Guifei Jiang, ppt)
- 23 February 2017: The myth of digital activism and the work of democracy (Jen Schradie)
- 9 February 2017: Whale (Umberto Grandi) and Robovote (Adama Coulibaly, slides)
- 26 January 2017: Participatory Budgeting... by Yves Cabannes (Tim Miller)
- 21 June 2016: COST Action IC1205 Industry Day, presentations by Andreas Nitsche (LiquidFeedback) and poster by Airesis.
- 10 June 2016: Presentation of "Voting on Social Networks", by Boldi, Bonchi, Castillo and Vigna (Sirin Botan, slides)
- 2 June 2016: Multiple Elections Revisited (Marc Kilgour, slides)
- 19 May 2016: Presentation by Florence Bannay, Part II
- 4 May 2016: Presentation of the book Against Elections by David Van Reybrouck (Florence Bannay, slides-fr, slides-en)
- 11 April 2016: A philosophical point of view on direct democracy (Arianna Novaro, slides)
- 24 March 2016: Presentation of "Direct Voting and Proxy Voting", by J. Green Armytage (Sirin Botan)
- 10 March 2016: An overview of websites, apps and available software for direct and interactive democracy (Umberto Grandi, notes)