Research ProjectsPrincipal investigator:
- ANR JCJC project on "Social Choice on Social Networks" (SCONE), 2019-2022
- CNRS PEPS JCJC "Opinion diffusion and Multi-issue Voting", 2017
- Labex CIMI research project "Social Choice on Networks", 2015-2018
- IDEX Nouveaux Entrants grant of the University of Toulouse, 2014-2016
- ANR project on "An Auction Language for General Auction Players" (AGAPE)
- CNRS project on "Morality, Social Choice, and Artificial Intelligence" (MOSCAI)
- ANR project on "Computation, Communication, Rationality and Incentives in Collective and Cooperative Decision Making" (CoCoRICo-CoDec)
- "Qui Cherche Cherche" : short video on social algorithms (French with english subtitles)
- "Plus efficace que Tripadvisor", article and video on personalised ratings on the UT1 Newsletter "Comprendre pour entreprendre", 2018 (French)
- Participation to the 2018 European Researchers Night in Toulouse, Festival du Film Démocratique, and the 2018 edition of Festival della Scienza, Genova, Italy.
- "Social Algorithms", my blog on Nòva (scitech section of IlSole24Ore, in Italian)
- Invited speaker at the panel on E-Democracy at the Open Innovation Days in Padova, 2016.
Organisational and reviewing
- I regularly serve as PC and SPC of major AI conferences (such as IJCAI, AAMAS, KR, ECAI) as well as specialised workshops (such as COMSOC, ADT, TARK).
- Distinguished PC-member at AAAI-2014, IJCAI-2018, IJCAI-2019
- Co-organiser and program co-chair of the Dagstuhl seminar on Application-Oriented Computational Social Choice, 2019
- Co-organiser of TARK-2019 in Toulouse.
- Program co-chair of EASSS-2017 in Gdansk, Poland
- Program co-chair of COMSOC 2016 in Toulouse. Member of the steering commitee of COMSOC.
- Chair of the Journal Track of IJCAI-2013.
- Reviewer for Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, Artificial Intelligence, Journal of the ACM, Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, Mathematical Social Sciences, Social Choice and Welfare, and Journal of Philosophical Logic.
Seminars, workshops and regular events
- Local organiser of COMSOC 2016 in Toulouse.
- Interest group on social choice in Toulouse.
- Reading group on direct democracy at IRIT-UT1.
- Co-organiser of the Workshop on Decision Making, Toulouse, 2017.
- Co-organiser of the Workshop on Theoretical Aspects of e-Democracy, Toulouse, 2017
- Organiser of the IRIT-UT1 seminar
- Organiser of the COST IC1205 workshop on Iterative Voting and Voting Games, Padova, 2014
- Organiser of the workshop on Frameworks for Multi-Agent Aggregation, Amsterdam, 2012
- Member of the PhD council at ILLC from 2010 to 2012
- Co-organiser of the Logic Tea at ILLC from 2009 to 2011
- Founding member of SELP, Seminario di Logica Permanente (Italian seminars for students of Logic)