Research ProjectsPrincipal investigator:
- ANR JCJC project on "Social Choice on Social Networks" (SCONE), 2019-2022
- CNRS PEPS JCJC "Opinion diffusion and Multi-issue Voting", 2017
- Labex CIMI research project "Social Choice on Networks", 2015-2018
- IDEX Nouveaux Entrants grant of the University of Toulouse, 2014-2016
- ANR project on "An Auction Language for General Auction Players" (AGAPE)
- CNRS project on "Morality, Social Choice, and Artificial Intelligence" (MOSCAI)
- ANR project on "Computation, Communication, Rationality and Incentives in Collective and Cooperative Decision Making" (CoCoRICo-CoDec)
- "Qui Cherche Cherche" : short video on social algorithms (French with english subtitles)
- "Plus efficace que Tripadvisor", article and video on personalised ratings on the UT1 Newsletter "Comprendre pour entreprendre", 2018 (French)
- A platform to organise online iterative elections: Itero
- Participation to the 2018 European Researchers Night in Toulouse, Festival du Film Démocratique, and the 2018 edition of Festival della Scienza, Genova, Italy.
- "Social Algorithms", my blog on Nòva (scitech section of IlSole24Ore, in Italian)
- Invited speaker at the panel on E-Democracy at the Open Innovation Days in Padova, 2016.
Organisational and reviewing
- Co-director of the LILaC research group at IRIT.
- Elected member of the board of directors of the European Association for Multi-Agent Systems (EURAMAS), since 2020.
- Editorial board member of Artificial Intelligence Journal, since 2021.
- I regularly serve as PC and SPC of major AI conferences (such as IJCAI, AAMAS, KR, ECAI) as well as specialised workshops (such as COMSOC, ADT, TARK).
- Distinguished PC-member at AAAI-2014, IJCAI-2018, IJCAI-2019
- Research project evaluator for the Israeli Scientific Foundation (ISI), the German-Israeli Foundation for Scientific Research and Development (GIF), the European Scientific Foundation (ESF), German Research Foundation (DFG).
- Co-organiser and program co-chair of the Dagstuhl seminar on Application-Oriented Computational Social Choice, 2019
- Program co-chair of COMSOC 2016 in Toulouse and of EASSS-2017 in Gdansk, Poland. Member of the steering commitee of COMSOC (2016-2020).
- Reviewer for Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, Artificial Intelligence, Journal of the ACM, Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, Mathematical Social Sciences, Social Choice and Welfare, and Journal of Philosophical Logic.
Seminars, workshops and regular events
- Local organiser of COMSOC 2016, for TARK-2019, and ADT-2021 in Toulouse.
- Reading group on direct democracy at IRIT-UT1.
- Co-organiser of the Workshop on Decision Making and the Workshop on Theoretical Aspects of e-Democracy, Toulouse, 2017.
- Organiser of the IRIT-UT1 seminar
- Organiser of the COST IC1205 workshop on Iterative Voting and Voting Games, Padova, 2014, of the workshop on Frameworks for Multi-Agent Aggregation, Amsterdam, 2012
- Member of the PhD council at ILLC from 2010 to 2012
- Co-organiser of the Logic Tea at ILLC from 2009 to 2011
- Founding member of SELP, Seminario di Logica Permanente (Italian seminars for students of Logic)