||Associate Professor - PhD - Accredited to supervise research (HDR)
| Service / Team:
||Information Retrieval & Information Synthesis (IRIS)
||IRIT1 / Level 4, Room: 409
||Université Paul Sabatier,
118 route de Narbonne,
F-31062 Toulouse cedex 09
Leader of the IRIS team at IRIT
My research activities in the IRIS team
are related to:
- Contextual information retrieval. Numerous features related to the context in which a search is performed influence the user's perception regarding the relevance of the returned results.
More precisely, I am interested in :
- Information retrieval on streaming data. It relates to issues on highly dynamic and variable data.
- Exploitation of geographic information. This research focuses on exploiting spatial and temporal dimensions in addition to topical dimension of information in texts
- Semantic information retrieval. This research intends to capitalize domain representations related to information (i.e ontologies, concept hierarchies...)
- Structured information retrieval. This work deals with considering document structure in the IR process especially for XML documents.
- Collaborative information retrieval. This research intends to propose solutions to improve information retrieval via collaboration between users.
- Personalized information retrieval. This work deals with the modeling of users's preferences and users' needs and their exploitation to improve informaiton retrieval.
- Data exploration. This research intends to propose models, methods, and tools for analysing peculiar datasets (e.g., bibliographic databases) or data from the Web.
- la Bibliometrics and Scientometrics. This research is interested in analyzing data on academia to shed some light on how research, researchers, and publication are organized.
- Multigranular OLAP. This work to propose OLAP extentions for analzing data from various granularity levels.
The contributions related to these research activities comprise :
- several national and international publications
- participations to national and european projects
- prototypes (IR Systems, Assistant for query formulation...)
- participations to international evaluation programs (TREC, INEX...) or experimentations using reference collections
PhD positions (News 2018-2020)
News September 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 !
You are master student
with un bon parcours universitaire et high motivation for doing a PhD in Computer Science related to one or more of these research topics, you can apply to one of the PhD positions proposed in our team.
[PhD position 1] Social media as an information source for elaborating value-added information
[PhD position 2] Modelling patterns of search behaviours from user interactions
Please, contact me by email attaching your CV : Gilles.Hubert@irit.fr
Accreditation to supervise research and PhD Thesis
- Gilles Hubert, "Information retrieval and context", Accreditation to supervise research in Computer Science, University of Toulouse - Paul Sabatier, 2010. (In French)
- Gilles Hubert, "Versioning in object oriented databases : Modelling and management", PhD Thesis in Computer Science, University of Toulouse - Paul Sabatier, 1997. (In French)
Member of international and national program committees (ECIR from 2013, CIKM 2016 and 2010, CLEF 2015, EGC from 2013...)
Member of organizing committee of several national and international conferences (SNDRI 2016, ECIR 2009...)
Associate professor since 1999 at the university of Toulouse (Université Paul Sabatier - Toulouse III), currently at the Toulouse-Rangueil campus, and formerly at Campus of Tarbes (150 km far from Toulouse)
I am teaching:
- Information system engineering
- Business Intelligence
- Decision support tools
- Object-relational databases
- Personalized information retrieval and recommender systems
I am teaching in the following formations:
- Bachelor in computer science
- Master SID (Statistics and Decision support computing)
- Master DC (Data and Knowledge)
I am co-responsible of the M2 SID and member of the "Improvement Council" of the SID Master
Member of the Prospective Committee of the French CIMI LabEx