I am an assistant professor (“maître de conférences”) at Toulouse INP (ENSEEIHT) and member of the APO team at IRIT since September 2013.
I received an MS in Applied Mathematics from Université Joseph Fourier – Grenoble I (France) in 2004, an engineer’s degree in Applied Mathematics from ENSIMAG (Grenoble) the same year, and a PhD in Applied Mathematics from Université Joseph Fourier – Grenoble I in 2007. I was a postdoctoral researcher at NERSC (Bergen, Norway) for three years (Feb. 2008 – Feb. 2011), then a researcher from March 2011 to July 2013.
My research interests lie in algorithmic developments in data assimilation with applications to oceanography, numerical linear algebra and optimisation.
- Exploiting variable precision in iterative linear solvers (CG, GMRES).
- Inexact evaluation strategies in optimisation.
- Multilevel / multigrid data assimilation algorithms.
- Gaussian anamorphosis extensions of ensemble-based Kalman filters.
- Operational oceanography: nested models, ocean biogeochemistry, parameter estimation.