I am a full time CNRS researcher in the Institute of Information and Engineering Sciences and Technologies (INST2I). I have been member of the Logic, Interaction, Language and Computation (LILaC) of IRIT since October 2002.
I am also an invited member of the staff Judgment and Decision in Complex Situation (CLLE-LTC - UMR 5263).
I am interested in formal models of interaction from a multidisciplinary point of view by the way of logical formalization of cognitive agents. These agents are characterized by their mental components (belief, desire, goal, intention, internalized norms, emotions, etc.). These agents can perform (physical or linguistical) actions. They can be member of groups.
Current Research Activities
These researches are currently focussed on the emotions modeling and on group attitudes. In particular, I am interested in group emotion (generation, dynamics, and spreading).
- March 2015 : Habilitation à Diriger les Recherches, Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse, intitulée ``Communicating cognitive agents: modeling and formalization'', supervized by Andreas HERZIG.
- November 1999: PhD Thesis in Computer Sciences -- artificial intelligence, Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse (researches made at IRIT/UPS), about ``Interaction rationnelle et évolution des croyances dans le dialogue : une logique basée sur la notion de topique'' (only in French), supervized both by Luis FARIÑAS del CERRO and Andreas HERZIG.
- June 1996: Master Thesis ``Knowledge Representation and Reasoning Formalization -- artificial intelligence'', Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse. Researches made at IRIT/INP on the theme ``Analyse logico-philosophique de la théorie des actes de discours : vers une reconnaissance syntaxique'', supervised by Fabrice Evrard.
- June 1995: Master Thesis in computer sciences (1st year), University of Toulon, La Garde.
- June 1994: Licence in computer sciences (3 years), University of Toulon, La Garde.
- October 2006: full time CNRS researcher (1st class).
- October 2002: full time CNRS researcher (2nd class).
- February 2002 - September 2002: CNRS contract worker as researcher. I was a post-doctoral student at Laboratoire Travail et Cognition, UMR 5551 (today the CLLE-LTC laboratory, UMR 5263). (It is a laboratory of cognitive psychology.)
- January 2002: full time CNRS contract worker as researcher at IRIT.
- October 2001 - December 2001: full time research supply works in the LILaC group at IRIT.
- September 2000 - August 2001: full time contract worker at Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse.
- September 1999 - August 2000: half time contract worker at Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse.
- septembre 1996 - août 1999: recipient of the French Ministry of education, high level teaching, and research.
- September 2011 - 2012 : Maxime SANSELONE, Research Master student on ``Formalization of explicit belief and of implicit belief'' (co-supervision with Emiliano LORINI).
- September 2010-2011 : Loïc HENRY, Research Master student on ``Formalization of shame and of its relationships with guilty''.
- September 2007-2010: Manh-Hung NGUYEN, PhD student on the dynamics both of emotion and trust in Ambiant Intelligence Systems, from logical to psychological point of view (``La dynamique des émotions et de la confiance dans les Systèmes d'Intelligence Ambiante : vers un modèle formel psychologiquement plausible''), co-direction with Jean-François BONNEFON. Now at the Hanoi University.
- September 2009-2010: Eric BRADY, Research Master student on ``Graduated emotions and trust'' (co-supervision with Emiliano LORINI).
- September 2004-2008: Benoit GAUDOU, PhD student on a formalization of belief group with modal logic (``Une formalisation en logique modale de la croyance de groupe''), co-direction with Andreas HERZIG. Now at IRIT, SMAC group, Toulouse-1-Capitole University.
- September 2003-2007: Carole ADAM, PhD student on ``Emotions: from psychological theories to logical formalization and implementation in a BDI agent'', co-direction with Andreas HERZIG and Fabrice EVRARD. Now at LIG, Grenoble University.
- September 2006-June 2007: Mikaël MAYORGAS, Master student on trust (``Etudier la confiance en toute confiance'').
- September 2004-June 2005: Pierre-Vincent PAUBEL, Master student at the Université de la Méditerranée on a psychologically-plausible natural language processing (``Syntaxe du langage naturel : un analyseur psychologiquement plausible sous ACT-R 6'').
- September 2003-June 2004: Raphaël SABAN, Master student on the concepts of good and bad in modal logic (``Etude de la notion de bon en logique modale''), co-direction with Andreas HERZIG.
- September 2000-June 2001: Rémi FAURE, Master student on indirect speech acts (``Une formalisation de la détection des actes de langage indirects''), co-direction with Andreas HERZIG.
Projects between academic partners
Projects with industrial partners
- 2008 - 2012: MAELIA. Project funded by the RTRA Sciences et Techniques de l'Aéronautique et de l'Espace (STAE). Member of Workpackage 3.
- 2008: Study of actions modeling performed by institutionnal agents, human agents and articifial agentsResearch contract with France Telecom.
- 1997 - 2000: Definition and implementation of a belief change theory in cooperative dialogues. Industrial project, action "Methods and technics intelligent dialogue systems person-machine, with France Télécom R&D (contract No. CNET 97 1B 046). Member (PhD student position).
- 2003 - 2005: Multidisciplinary approach of the mistake process in person-machine dialogue. Regional Council Project (from Midi-Pyrénées, France). Member.
Other scientific activities (since 2015)
Reviews and committees:
- January 2015: program committee member of AAMAS 2015.