My research activities are related to Adaptive Information Access & Retrieval
Three main axis could be highlighted:
- Studies on user activities related to information: i.e. annotations, social information-based activities, Web 2.0...,
- User, task and context modelling for information access and retrieval,
- Interfaces for information retrieval systems.
Our results have been integrated in information access and retrieval systems (search engines, recommender systems...) that correspond to fully functionnal prototypes (Easy-DOR, TafAnnote
In order to improve our results, we are working with experts from peripheral topics like cognitive science for user modelling.
Read some prototype description (Sorry in French!):
Associate professor since 1989 at the Université de Toulouse, Toulouse III ; more precisely at IUT Informatique Rangueil (Computer science department)
The main topics of my courses are "Algorithm & Programming" especially Oriented Object Programming.
At IUT, I am particularly responsible for:
- C++ programming modules, L1 "DUT Informatique" and L2 "DUT Informatique Année Spéciale"
- JAVA programming modules, L2 "DUT Informatique" and "DUT Informatique Année Spéciale"
- "Management of the quality" module, L3 "Licence professionnelle SIL - Sofware Quality"
I also teach :
- Web Information Retrieval, M2R-MITT/RIBD - RIBD6
- Oriented Object Design, Java, C++ in Business Training
- Responsible for training "DUT Informatique en Année Spéciale", Toulouse 3 since 2003
- Executive committee member of the association INFORSID and Server Administrator
- Member of the "Commission de Choix des Enseignants du Supérieur de l'IUT A - discipline Informatique et Mathématiques appliquées"
- Member of the Department Council of IUT Informatique, Toulouse 3