Welcome to Brahim Hamid's HomePage
Dr. Brahim HAMID
Professor of Computer Science
Email: brahim.hamid at irit.fr (at = @)
: IRIT Research Laboratory (UMR 5505), CNRS - University of Toulouse, France
118 Route de Narbonne, F-31062 TOULOUSE CEDEX
UFR SES, Dept. Math/Info
Allees Antonio Machado, F-31058 TOULOUSE CEDEX
phone: +33 (0)5 6150 2386
My research focused on the development of secure and dependable distributed component-based applications for resource constrained systems. I work on security, dependability, software architectures, formalization, validation and verification as well as supporting reconfiguration and evolution:
- Engineering secure and dependable systems
- Making security manageable and understandable (organizational commitment, awareness and training)
- Survivability (reconfiguration, evolution and resilience)
- Resource Constrained Systems
- Pattern Based Software and System Engineering (PBSE)
- Component Based Software Engineering (CBSE)
- Domain-Specific Languages (DSLs) and Model-Driven Development (MDD)
- Formal method
- Evaluation and assurance methods
- Development of tool-suite for modeling, formalization, composition, verification, validation and evaluation
- Held visiting professorships at Florida Atlantic University, USA (April, July and August 2016)
- Held visiting professorships at Univ. Vienna, Austria (April 2015)
- Held visiting professorships at Florida Atlantic University, USA (September 2014)
- Held visiting professorships at CEA-List, France (April and Mai 2013)
- Held visiting professorships at Univ. Concordia, Canada (September 2011)
- Associate Professor (Maitre de Conferences) at the University of Toulouse Jean-Jaures since September 2008
- Research fellow (Ingenieur Chercheur) at the CEA/Saclay LIST (2007- 2008)
- Temporary Assistant professor in computer science (ATER) at ENSEIRB Bordeaux (2006-2007)
- Research assistant/PhD Student at LaBRI-University of Bordeaux 1 - Distributed Algorithms group (2003-2007)
- December 1st, 2016: Habilitation in Computer Science at University Toulouse Jean-Jaures.
- October 2003 - June 2007: Ph.D in Computer Science at the University Bordeaux 1 (France) in the LaBRI with honors (mention Tres Honorable).
- October 2002 - June 2003: DEA in Computer Science (predoctoral research) at the University of Picardie Jules Vernes (Rank 2).
Awards and distinctions
- International mobility support of the International Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science in Toulouse (Labex CIMI), http://www.cimi.univ-toulouse.fr/en (April, July and August 2016).
- Since 2014, I am holder of a premium for scientific excellence.