Since September 2017, I am Full Professor of Software Engineering in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Toulouse - Jean Jaurès (UT2J), and since September 2018 I am also Research Scientist at Inria. I am evolving within both the research team SM@RT of the Research Institute in Computer Science of Toulouse (IRIT), and the research team DiverSE joint to the IRISA and Inria labs. I am interested in software engineering, including model driven software and systems engineering (MDE), software language engineering (SLE) and software validation & verification (V&V); mostly in the context of (smart) cyber-physical systems and Internet of things. I am also teaching object-oriented programming, software and systems modeling, MDE, SLE and V&V in the department and worldwide in various engineering schools and universities.
In 2015 I received my Habilitation in Computer Science (in French Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches) from University of Rennes 1. I earned a PhD in Computer Science in 2008 from University of Toulouse, awarded by the prize Leopold Escande. I graduated as M.Sc. in Computer Science in 2005 from University of Toulouse.
Before joining University of Toulouse, I was an Associate Professor at University of Rennes 1 (2009-2017), evolving within the research team DiverSE (formerly Triskell), joint to the IRISA and Inria labs, and teaching in the engineering school ESIR. During this period, I have been on secondment at Inria (Rennes), as Research Computer Scientist in the DiverSE research team, from 2013 to 2016. In 2016, I have been a visiting professor (4 months) at McGill University (Canada), in the group of Prof. Jörg Kienzle, and from 2010 to 2015, I have been also a regular visiting researcher at the Computer Science Department of Colorado State University (USA), in the group of Prof. Robert B. France.
Prior to that, I was a postdoctoral fellow at INRIA within the team AtlanMod (2008-2009), and a PhD candidate from 2005 to 2008 within the teams ACADIE and MACAO of the IRIT lab. I was also a teacher assistant at the IUT B de Blagnac (2004-2005) and at the INPT ENSEEIHT school of engineering (2005-2008). I used to teach in various engineering schools, such as INSA Toulouse (2006-2009), INSA Rennes (2009-2012), CentraleSupelec (2012-2016) and ENSAI (2012-2016).
I co-authored 3 books, and 100+ journal and conference publications in the fields of MDE, SLE and V&V. I also edited 2 books and various special issues in scientific journals. I am Deputy Editor in Chief of the platinum open access international journal JOT on Software and Language Engineering. I am also chairing the Steering Committee of the ACM SIGPLAN Conference SLE, and a member of the Editorial Boards of the international journals SoSyM (Springer), COLA (Elsevier), and SCP (Elsevier). I have been general chair of MODELS 2016 and SLE 2017, and program co-chair of SLE 2014 and ECMFA 2019. I also used to serve as program committee member for various conferences and workshops in software engineering. I am also very active in setting up and participating to satellite events of flagship conferences, including organizing workshops and panels. I coordinated and participated to many collaborative projects, either directly with industry or in projects funded by the European Union or the French government. I am also a founding member of the GEMOC initiative, an international effort to develop techniques, frameworks, and environments to facilitate the creation, integration, and automated processing of heterogeneous modeling languages.
Awards, Diploma and Positions:
- Since Sept. 2018: Research Scientist at Inria
- Since Sept. 2017: Full Professor at University of Toulouse - Jean Jaurès (UT2J)
- 2017-2021: Prime d'excellence scientifique (bonus for scientific excellence) from the University of Toulouse
- 2018: Best Foundation Paper Award at ICMT 2018 for "Model Transformation Reuse Across Metamodels - A Classification and Comparison of Approaches".
- 2017: Most Influential Paper (MIP) Award at APSEC 2017 for "Definition of an Executable SPEM 2.0" (APSEC'07).
- Mar. 2017 - Jun. 2017: Visiting Professor at the School of Computer Science, McGill University (Canada), in the group of Prof. Joerg Kienzle
- 2015: Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches (HDR) in Computer Science from University of Rennes 1
- 2013-2016: Research Scientist at INRIA (secondment)
- 2013-2017: Prime d'excellence scientifique (bonus for scientific excellence) from the University of Rennes 1
- 2010-2015: Regular visiting researcher at the Computer Science Department, Colorado State University (USA), in the group of Prof. Robert B. France (Tribute to Robert B. France)
- 2009-2017: Associate Professor at University of Rennes 1
- Oct. 2008 - Aug. 2009: Grant from Inria for a post-doctoral position
- 2008: Leopold Escande Prize 2008 for my PhD Thesis.
- 2008: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Computer Science from University of Toulouse
- 2005-2008: Grant from the French Ministry of Research for a doctoral position (MENRT scholarship), and PhD candidate in the CNRS IRIT lab
- 2005-2008: Teaching assistant (moniteur in french) in the engineering school INPT ENSEEIHT
- Substitute Teacher (vacataire in french) at IUP NTIE (2009), INSA de Rennes (2009-2010), INSA de Toulouse (2006-2009), and IUT Blagnac (2004-2005)
- 2005: Magister Scientiæ (M.Sc.) in Computer Science (software safety) from the University of Toulouse
- 2004: Maîtrise ès sciences in Computer Science (new technologies in IT for enterprises) from the University of Toulouse
- 2002-2004: Software Engineer at INEO SCLE Ferroviaire