- December 11th 2020: Thibault Lejemble defended is PhD on Multi-scale Point Cloud Analysis (replay available on YouTube).
- November 25th 2020: I have been invited to present research results of my research group during the French days on Computer Graphics (J.FIG2020), thanks to my nomination as EGFR Young Research Fellow (replay available on YouTube).
- June 2020: I have been named as Young Researcher Fellow (YRF) by the French Eurographics Chapter (EGFR): https://projet.liris.cnrs.fr/egfr/yrf/.
- April 29th 2020: Our paper Code Replicability in Computer Graphics has been accepted at Siggraph 2020. Checkout our website at replicability.graphics.
- March 26th 2020: Our OpenGR wrapper has been added to CGAL: you can now register point-cloud in CGAL using OpenGR backend, and refine using LibPointMatcher. Checkout more details at: https://www.cgal.org/2020/03/23/Registration/.
This work has been done during Google Summer of Code 2019 by Necip Fazil Yildiran.
- March 17th 2020: Our paper SLAM-aided forest plots mapping combining terrestrial and mobile laser scanning has been accepted for publication at ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing.
- March 5th 2020: Archeovision’s work at Lalibela churches is nicely described in this short video report by CNRS: https://lejournal.cnrs.fr/videos/lalibela-merveille-fragile-dethiopie.
- February 24th 2020: I am co-mentoring a project for the next Google Summer of Code with CGAL.
- February 23th 2020: Our paper Proximity-Aware Multiple Meshes Decimation using Quadric Error Metric has been accepted at Graphical Models. More details coming soon.
- December 11th 2019: Our paper Persistence Analysis of Multi-scale Planar Structure Graph in Point Clouds has been accepted at Eurographics 2020. More details coming soon.
- December 3rd 2019: Today I was invited to participate to the round-table discussion on the topic: “From the archeological studies to the 3D models: challenges and perspective on acquisition and interaction”, organized by the Consortium 3D-SHS. Other participants: Valérie Gouranton, Ronan Gaugne, Valentin Grimaud. [tweet].
- November 22th 2019: Anahid Ghazanfarpour has successfully defended her PhD today, entitled: Proximity-Aware Multiple Meshes Decimation using Quadric Error Metric.
- November 5th 2019: The CNRS is communicating on our paper: L’imagerie lidar simple-photon passe en temps réel (in french)
- November 2d 2019: Our paper Real-time 3D reconstruction from single-photon lidar data using plug-and-play point cloud denoisers is now published in Nature Communications and available online.
- September 23th 2019: Our project Making a 3D dataset for Cultural Heritage studies in Computer Sciences has been accepted by the french Consortium 3D SHS.
- September 17th 2019: Our paper Real-time 3D reconstruction from single-photon lidar data using plug-and-play point cloud denoisers has been conditionally accepted at Nature Communications.
- May 21th 2019: New paper under submission and published on arXiv, entitled Real-Time 3D Reconstruction of Complex Scenes Using Single-Photon lidar: When Image Processing Meets Computer Graphics.
- May 18th 2019: Google Summer of Code 2019 has started, Necip Yildiran is working on making OpenGR working directly on CGAL data-structures.
- April 15th 2019: New paper accepted at Computer & Graphics, first authored by Sara Casti, and entitled Skeleton Based Cage Generation Guided by Harmonic Fields.
- April 10th 2019: Our contribution to the SHREC’19 track Feature Curve Extraction on Triangle Meshes will be presented at the 2019 Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval.
- February 27th 2019: I am co-mentoring a project for the next Google Summer of Code with CGAL. Links:
- November 13th 2018: This week we are in Poitiers for the French Computer Graphics conference JFIG. Anahid Ghazanfarpour and Thibault Lejemble will present their latest results on mesh simplification and point-cloud analysis respectively. Anahid got the best student paper award.
- October 20th 2018: Our paper Dynamic implicit muscles for character skinning first authored by Valentin Roussellet has been conditionally accepted to Computer and Graphics (CAG).
- September 2018: Claudio Mura is joining our group as visiting researcher for 4 months, and will be working on point-based shape analysis.
- September 2018: Our ANR project MCG-Rad is about to start in the upcoming months. We will study Monte-Carlo Global Radiative Forcings Computation in collaboration with the laboratories LMD/IPSL, and LAPLACE, and also MesoStar.
- July 24th 2018: I am now an Associate Researcher of the CNRS laboratory Archeovision.
- July 12th 2018: Our paper Automated Markerless Registration of Point Clouds from TLS and Structured Light Scanner for Heritage Documentation authored by Jie Shao has been accepted for publication in the Elsevier Journal of Cultural Heritage.
- July 11th 2018: I served on the Best Paper Selection Committee for the Eurographics Symposium on Geometry Processing (SGP) 2018.
- April 18th 2018: We are recruiting a research engineer to transfer our Color Palette Exploration approach into commercial software. Checkout details here.
- December 11th 2017: Jie Shao is joining our group as visiting PhD student, and will be working on point clouds registration.
- October 1st 2017: Thibault Lejemble is starting is PhD in the team, and will be working on point-based shape analysis.
- September 27th 2017: checkout our interview on 3DVF on our Siggraph paper Constrained Palette-Space Exploration.
- July 29th 2017: I’m reporting what’s happening at Siggraph 2017 for the AFIG-IGRV. Check it out here (in french): mission-siggraph-2017 (they talk about it: 3dvf).
- July 5th 2017: Our C++ library got the SGP Software Award !
- June 29th 2017: I’ll participate to the Innovation IT Days with Toulouse Tech Transfer.
- May 28th – June 2d 2017: I’m attending the Dagstuhl seminar on Geometric Modelling, Interoperability and New Challenges, and I will give a talk entitled Multi-scale differential analysis of point-clouds (slides).
- May 18th 2017: I’ll give a talk at Airbus, entitled Acquired 3D data analysis and processing, to present my collaboration with Franck Cazal (Airbus IDLab).
- March 25th 2017: Our paper Constrained Palette-Space Exploration has been conditionally accepted at SIGGRAPH 2017.
- March 14th 2017: I’ll be traveling during the upcoming weeks, feel free to ping me if you are around:
- March 21th – Paris: meeting Marc Baaden , researcher in computational chemistry and director of the Laboratory of Theoretical Biochemistry (UPR).
- March 23th – Toulouse: visiting the Clément Ader Institute (ICA) in Toulouse, a leading laboratory on the study of structures, systems and mechanical processes, applied in the fields of aeronautics, space, transportation and energy.
- March 27-29 – Paris: CNRS newcomers meeting.
- March 4th 2017: Céline Michaud’s poster on Mesh Simplification With Curvature Error Metric has been accepted at Eurographics 2017.
- February 22-24 2017: Rémi Cozot is visiting our team, and will give a talk on Automatic Light Compositing using Rendered Images.
- February 21th 2017: New position in our team for a 7-months maturation program. We seek for an engineer with competences in Computer Graphics (Geometry Processing, Rendering) with a strong C++/OpenGL background.
- December 2016: New open positions in our team (here). Valentin Roussellet got the best paper award at the national conference J*FIG in Grenoble, for his paper Implicit-based secondary motions for characters animation.
- October 1st 2016: I’m officially joining the VORTEX team, AGGA group as full-time researcher.
- June 6th 2016: Our paper Relative scale estimation and 3D registration of multi-modal geometry using Growing Least Squares has been selected to be presented at the Eurographics Symposium on Geometry Processing (SGP) 2016, which will be held in Berlin, June 20-24th.
- March 21th 2016: Our paper Map Style Formalization: Rendering Techniques Extension for Cartography has been accepted at Expressive 2016, for the Symposium on Non-Photorealistic Animation and Rendering (NPAR).
- November 18th 2015: Our paper Relative scale estimation and 3D registration of multi-modal geometry using Growing Least Squares has been accepted in an upcoming issue of the Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics.
- November 2015: I’m part of the Best Paper committee for the AFIG days 2015 (Association Francaise d’Informatique Graphique) / EGFR (link). I will also give a talk at the Journées de Géométrie Algorithmique 2015, entitled Fast Global Pointcloud Registration (link).
- October 5th 2015: I will give a talk at Inria Sophia Antipolis, entitled Analysis of Point Clouds at Multiple Scales (check-out details here).
- September 2015: new industrial transfer starting, for our paper Light Transport Editing with Ray Portals.
6-months engineer position available. We found someone: stay tuned !
- July 3rd 2015: Our fresh and sweet Patate library has sufficiently grown to get its own website, follow this link to get access to the last release and a brand new gallery demonstrating Patates capabilities.
- June 21th 2015: Our paper The Revealing Flashlight: Interactive spatial augmented reality for detail exploration of cultural heritage artefacts has been selected as a notable article in computing in 2014, by ACM ThinkLoud Computing Reviews (complete list here).
- May 4th 2015: Our paper Rapter: Rebuilding Man-made Scenes with Regular Arrangements of Planes has been accepted at Siggraph 2015.
- March 23th 2015: Our paper Light Transport Editing with Ray Portals has been accepted at CGI’15.
- December 2014: Post-doctoral Research Associate position started at IRIT, Université Paul Sabatier (Toulouse, France), with David Vanderhaeghe.
- September 29th 2014: Our paper MCGraph: Multi-criterion representation for scene understanding has been accepted at the Siggraph Asia 2014 Workshop on Indoor Scene Understanding.
- August 19th 2014: Our paper Adaptive multi-scale analysis for point-based surface editing has been accepted at Pacific Graphics 2014.
- July 6th 2014: Our paper Computational Design and Construction of Notch-free Reciprocal Frame Structures has been accepted at the fourth Advances in Architectural Geometry.
- June 20th 2014: New release for the open-source library Patate, version 0.3.2. On the menu: a Point Cloud Library (PCL) wrapper, implementation of the Surface Variation, a new plane primitive, an improved programming API, as well as more examples and testing procedures.
- June 2014: Our paper Super 4PCS: Fast Global Pointcloud Registration via Smart Indexing has been accepted at the 11th Symposium on Geometry Processing.
Update (11th July): our paper got the Best Paper award, also attributed to “Designing N-PolyVector Fields with Complex Polynomials”, by Olga Diamanti, Amir Vaxman, Daniele Panozzo, Olga Sorkine-Hornung.
- April 25th 2014: Modo 801 is out, you can now try our Ray-Traced Curvature texture (devel. by Bastien Perpere in collaboration with The Foundry).
- February 2014: Our paper The Revealing Flashlight: Interactive spatial augmented reality for detail exploration of cultural heritage artefacts has been accepted to JOCCH, with Brett Ridel as first author.
- November 2013: Post-doctoral Research Associate position started a University College London, with Niloy Mitra.