What to do in Toulouse?
Hear some musicThe Festival Toulouse d'été proposes many concerts in many styles in different venues in town.
Entrance usually costs 10€.
Some concerts are free of charge, two examples:
Enjoy the Garonne riverJoin the locals and stroll along the river on the quais, or watch the sunset from the quai de la Daurade.
Two "guinguettes" are not to be missed, one on la Daurade and one on the terrace near the Raymond VI Gardens (see the recommendation map).
Watch fish going upriver in the "passe à poisson" at Le Bazacle. Interesting building, also gallery with exhibitions and terrace with deck chairs, free entrance.
Participate in Toulouse plage events: games, sports, sunbathing, and much more!
Enjoy the Canal du MidiBike, run, or stroll along this Unesco World Heritage site. For bicycle rental see La maison du vélo, just by the canal in front of the train station .
Enjoy the gardens and parksThere are many gardens in Toulouse. Here is a selection:
- Prairie des filtres (Toulouse Plage main site)
- Jardin Raymond VI
- Jardin Japonais at Compans Caffarelli, near the venue
- Jardin des plantes
- Jardin d'Embarthe, the closest to the venue, but well hidden (map )
- and of course, you can enjoy the cloister accessible from the lobby at the venue.
Watch fireworks over the riverIf you are here on July 14th don't miss the national holiday fireworks on the Garonne river, followed by a concert in the Prairie des Filtres park.
Watch a movie under the starsOpen-air cinema in the Cinémathèque's courtyard (some days in Jardin Raymond VI).
Quite popular, buy tickets in advance!
Hear and speak some occitanAt the Ostal d'Occitania: free concerts, small bar and restaurant, and more.
Also at the Estancabra: intermittent bar, concert place, occitan conversation.
Swim in Toulouse's outdoor public swimming poolsentrance fee 4.40€, bathing suit and swim cap mandatory
- Musée des Augustins (Classical Art)
- Museum (Natural History): Two locations, Borderouge has lovely gardens
- Quai des savoirs (Sciences)
- Couvent des Jacobins (Church and cloister): Special for philosophers, Aquinas's tomb is there!
- Basilique Saint-Sernin (Romanesque basilica)
- Les Abattoirs (Modern/contemporary art)
- Galerie du Château d'eau (Photography): One of the first in France, peculiar building
- Musée Georges-Labit (Arts from Asia), nice garden too
- Cité de l'Espace (Space)
- Visit Airbus (Aeronautics)