Getting to ToulouseThere are several options to reach Toulouse:
- By plane: regular service from most European hubs (more than 20 flights a day from Paris airports) to Toulouse-Blagnac airport. Lowcost airlines such as Easyjet, Ryanair and Volotea all fly to Toulouse from various destinations. Carcassonne and Lourdes are nearby airports.
- By train: There are regular TGV services to Toulouse from Paris (5hrs30), Lyon (4hrs) and Barcelona (4hrs). Reservations and timetables on the SNCF website.
- By bus or car: Flixbus and Eurolines both have regular services to Toulouse. Car sharing is also an option (BlaBlaCar or CarPool). Main highways from Bordeaux (and then Paris) and from Narbonne (and then Barcelona or Montpellier, Marseille, Lyon).
Airport transferFrom Aéroport Toulouse Blagnac there are two possibilities to get to the city centre by public transport:
- Take tram line T2 direction "Palais de Justice" (the stop is right outside the arrival terminal), get off at "Arènes" and take metro line A to "Capitole" (30 min, one-way ticket 1,60€, i.e., standard Tisseo network ticket, so various multi-day schemes also apply). From here it is a 10 min walk to the school venue (Arsenal campus).
- Take bus "Navette Aéroport" to "Compans Caffarelli" (20 min, one-way ticket 8€, return 15€). From here it is a 6 min walk to the school location (Arsenal campus). For the city center get off at "Jean Jaurès".
Public transportA map of the whole public transport network (metro, tram, bus) can be found here, and journeys can be planned on the Tisseo website.
There are public bikes available all around the city in the Vélô Toulouse network (French only). A credit card is needed to obtain a 1-day (1,20€) or a 7-day (5€) pass. With a pass, actual bike use is free for the first 30 minutes. A good Android app to know the availability of bikes is MyVelouse (better than the official app AllBikesNow).