Getting to ToulouseThere are several options to reach Toulouse:
- By plane: regular service from most European hubs (more than 20 flights a day from Paris airports) to Toulouse-Blagnac airport. Lowcost airlines such as Easyjet, Ryanair and Volotea all fly to Toulouse from various destinations. Carcassonne and Lourdes are nearby airports.
- By train: There are regular TGV services to Toulouse from Paris (5hrs30), Lyon (4hrs) and Barcelona (4hrs). Reservations and timetables on the SNCF website.
- By bus or car: Flixbus and Eurolines both have regular services to Toulouse. Car sharing is also an option (BlaBlaCar or CarPool). Main highways from Bordeaux (and then Paris) and from Narbonne (and then Barcelona or Montpellier, Marseille, Lyon).
Airport transferFrom Aéroport Toulouse Blagnac there are two possibilities to get to the city centre by public transport:
- Take tram line T2 direction "Palais de Justice" (the stop
is right outside the arrival terminal), get off at "Arènes" and
take bus line 14 or 140 (line A closed, see below) to "Esquirol" (40
min, one-way ticket 1,60€, i.e., standard Tisseo network
ticket, so various multi-day schemes also apply). From here it is a 15
min walk to the school venue (Arsenal campus).
To reach the Lecturer's hotel Adagio Saint Cyprien from the airport using public transport, taking the tram line T2 is the best option. Get off at "Arènes" and take bus line 14 or 140, getting off at "Roguet", just in front of the hotel.
- Take bus "Navette Aéroport" to "Compans Caffarelli"
(20 min, one-way ticket 8€, return 15€). From here it is a 6
min walk to the school location (Arsenal campus). For the city center
get off at "Jeanne d'Arc" or "Jean Jaurès".
To reach the Chapou student residence by public transport, taking the "Navette Aéroport", getting off at "Pont du Béarnais" (first stop) and walking about 15 min is the best option.
Last minute information:
All participants will get at registration a free Tisseo pass for unlimited travel on the metro, bus and tram network during ESSLLI, courtesy of the city of Toulouse.
Important note: Metro A line will unfortunately be closed for maintenance during ESSLLI. You can see here (French only) the alternatives offered, but we have no way to know in advance how reliable these will be.
There are public bikes available all around the city in the Vélô Toulouse network (French only). A credit card is needed to obtain a 1-day (1,20€) or a 7-day (5€) pass. With a pass, actual bike use is free for the first 30 minutes. A good Android app to know the availability of bikes is MyVelouse (better than the official app AllBikesNow).