Practical tips from the locals
Buying food: Great market places in ToulouseTourist Office list. Below a favorite selection:
- Cristal: everyday morning. Cheap fruit and vegetables
- St Aubin: Sunday morning. Farmers' market (some organic food). Crafts and music too! Very lively with young people
- Capitole gardens: Tuesday and Saturday morning. Organic farmers' market
- Victor Hugo: everyday morning. High quality, expensive market with every sort of food
- Saint Cyprien: mornings except Monday. Original architecture
Printing and copying near the venueThere are several convenient small shops near ESSLLI venue in Rue des lois, Place Peyrou and Rue des Salenques: Corep, Copydoc, Copie Plus, Cyber Copie, Fac Copy Service.
ASP Copies is another one, still in center.
LaundryThere are laudromats in Arsenal and Chapou University Residences, as well as at the Adagio Saint Cyprien hotel.
Many small "laveries" (laudromat) can be found in town. Full service is less frequent, look for "pressing" (= dry cleaner).