ESSLLI 2017 Grants
We will accept applications (fee waivers only) from members of ATALA (Association pour le traitement automatique des langues) through Friday, March 24. Please submit your application directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ESSLL 2017 Organizing Committee is pleased to be able to offer a limited number of
- participation fee waivers,
- student accommodation grants (including participation fee waiver),
- student accommodation and travel grants (including participation fee waiver)
Preference will be given to: students who actively participate in the Student Session or a Workshop; students without alternative financial support for the participation; outstanding and highly motivated students. Please understand that we cannot guarantee grants to all students presenting a paper at the Student Session or a Workshop and that the majority of grants will be awarded for fee waivers only.
Applications should contain:
- ESSLLI 2017 grant application form [PDF]
(to be printed and signed by the applicant and an endorsing faculty member who is well acquainted with the applicant, e.g. a thesis supervisor),
- proof of valid student status,
- motivation letter, including an explanation of financial need if applicable (maximum 2 pages),
- CV (maximum 2 pages)
Deadline for application: March 10, 2017
Notification: May 2, 2017
If you are a Fee Waiver Applicant, you must register before the grant application deadline indicated above, selecting all the relevant options, including accommodation if desired. Fill in all the required information, making sure to tick the "Fee Waiver Applicant" box and validating your registration up to Step 4 included, but do not pay the amount due. If your grant application is unsuccessful, you will be required to go on the registration form again in order to pay the registration fees and/or accommodation (early bird rates will still apply until May 11th in this case).
- ASL Call for Student Travel Awards: ASL sponsors ESSLLI 2017, so student ASL members may apply for (limited) ASL travel funds. Deadline: April 17, 2017.
- ATALA offers 4 fee waivers to students who are currently members of the ATALA association. Apply following the same procedure as for general ESSLLI 2017 grants described above, but make sure to clearly indicate that you are an ATALA member.