Workshop 1: Optimization in machine learning, vision and image processing
6th to 7th October 2015
The scientific program includes invited talks describing the most recent advances on the theoretical properties, the numerical resolution and the modeling of optimization problems to solve problems in machine learning, vision and image processing. The typical problems optimize large vectors, matrices or tensors according to criteria involving L2, L1 and other sparsity enforcing terms, nuclear norms, Wasserstein distance and/or non-convex criteria and/or solving bi-level problems.
Participation to the workshop is free of charge but a pre-registration is required (click here for registration)
List of abstracts is available here
The schedule is also available here
The booklet with all the abstracts in pdf is available here.
List of Invited Speakers
- Amir Beck, Technion
- Marco Cuturi, Kyoto University
- Martin Jaggi, ETH Zürich
- Joseph Landsberg, Texas A&M University
- Lek Heng Lim, University of Chicago
- Julien Mairal, INRIA Grenoble
- Eric Moulines, Telecom Paristech
- Gabriel Peyré, University of Paris-Dauphine
- Jean Ponce, Ecole Normale Supérieure
- Saverio Salzo, University of Genoa
- Johan Suykens, KU Leuven
- Marc Teboulle, Tel-Aviv University
- Yuning Yang, KU Leuven
This workshop is mainly organized by François Malgouyres, Nicolas Couellan and Sandrine Mouysset.