Current, recent and past research projects
I am current involved (or have been involced) in a set of research projects, related to my primary research interest: Mixed Interactive Systems development, that is to say: design, implementation and to a given extent evaluation.
Below is the list of projects still running or on which we are still improving the outcomes or further exploring the results. Previous projects, most of which directly influenced the current ones, are also listed below
- Date: 2008/2011
- Topic: CARE is a French research project funded by the French research agency ( ANR ). The project brings together 7 partners , whose goal is to integrate, adapt and develop tools to enhance interactive systems devoted to cultural experiences. These enhancements are based on Augmented Reality and Emotions. Besides the enhancement of the two specific scenarios considered in the project ( Ballet of Biarritz and Museum of Toulouse ), CARE results will include improved conception methods as well as new generic interaction techniques based on augmented reality technologies.
- Date: 2007/2010
- Topic: The goal of this project is to elaborate a participatory design process adapted to the development of advanced interactive techniques, used to support the diffusion of a knowledge in a public space context. The goal is also to equip this design process with a set of design and evaluation tools dedicated to advanced forms of interaction techniques (mixed interactive systems / mixed reality, tangible interfaces, etc.). This work is funded by the Région Midi Pyrénées and done in close collaboration with the Museum d'Histoire Naturelle of Toulouse.
- Date: 2008/2009
- Topic: The goal of this project is to design and implement a Balloon-based interaction for navigating Google Earth. It is intended to explore the effect of user's manipulation that directly fit behaviour of the system. Technical problems will have to be solved in order to use 6-DOF sensors.
- Date: 2007/2008
- Topic: MIME stands for Mixed Interactions for Museal Environments and aims at designing, implementing and evaluating mixed interaction techniques for manipulating cladograms, trees representing the new classifiction of living species.
- Date: 2007/2008
- Topic: This project aims at exploring and comparing interaction techniques for pointing / selecting data on a large scale 2D display. Traditionnal, tactile and mixed interaction techniques are envisioned. Comparison will be established on the basis of user experiments and interaction models.
- Date: 2004/...
- Topic: GT Cesame is a french working group focusing on the design and evaluation of adaptable, and mixed interactive systems. Annual meetings are organised in France and information can be found on the group web site.
Recent projects and prototypes
- Date: 2006/...
- Topic: The goal of this work is to design, developp and evaluate advanced interactive techniques for navigating Google Earth.
- Date: 2006/...
- Topic: This project aims at designing, developping and evaluating advanced interactive techniques in the context of a museum. Museum provides many information and knowledge to visitors. In order to better involve the visitor in this kind of learning. More and more museums try to incorporate interactive spports such as augmenting visits, guiding tour, etc. Our goal is not to add information in the museum, but rather to replace one static content by one interactive experience carrying the same knowledge. Furthermore the goal is to illustrate the use of an interactive experience with a mixed interactive system inside a museum and to investigate the impact on the visitors of different interactions settings.
- Date: 2005/...
- Topic: This project aims at developping a tangible interaction techniques for supporting the user's interaction with a 3D tree, and thus enabling the user to apply a set of predefined commands.
Here is a list of previous projects