I was born in Nonoai (Lat.: 27º 21'30"S, Long.: 52º46'14"W) - RS, Brazil. I came to Toulouse, France in 2000 to work in my PhD thesis (completed in 2004) whose main focus was the development of a formal description technique for describing and modeling the navigation behaviour of complex Web applications. During the master thesis (1999) developed at the Institute of Informatics of the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul), I have investigated remote usability evaluation methods to support the assessement of Web-based interactive systems.
Currently, I am assitant professor (Maître de Conférences) at the University Paul Sabatier (Toulouse 3) where I do teach several classes related to Human-Computer Interaction and Web Engineering. I am also responsible for the internship program of the UPS-ENAC's Master 2 on HCI. My research activites are carried out at the Institute of Research in Informatics of Toulouse (IRIT) and in particular at the team Critical Interactive Systems (ICS).
I am member of several scientific associations including the International Society for Web Engineering, the IFIP working groups 13.4/2.7 (User Interfaces Engineering) and 13.2 (Methodologies for User-Centered Systems Design), and the ACM SIGCHI where he is also member of the Specialized Conferences Committee.
My research is focused on models, methods, techniques and tools that can support and lead to the development of reliable, usable and effective interactive systems.
My research combines topics of Engineering Interactive Systems, Human-Computer Interaction and Web Engineering.
Most recent projects include methods to design and evaluate e-services applications for e-Government initiatives (MyCitizSpace and WebAUDIT project) and formal description techniques to dealt with navigation modeling of Web applications (MEDIA Web and SpiderWeb project).
Other topics of interest are:
- Model-based approaches for designing interactive systems;
- Navigation and dialogue modeling through formal description techniques;
- Automation of guidelines inspection;
- Model-based usability evaluation;
- Task models.
Ph.D. in Informatics, Université Toulouse 1, Toulouse, France (April 2004)
Master in Computer Science, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul - UFRGS, Porto Alegre, Brazil (1999)
Graduated in Computer Science, Universidade de Passo Fundo, Passo Fundo, Brazil (1996)
Membership of Scientific Associations
- IFIP Technical Committee on Human-Computer Interaction (TC13) / expert member for publications (since 2011)
- IFIP WG 13.2 (Methodologies for User-Centered Systems Design) / vice-chair
- IFIP WG 13.4/2.7 (User Interfaces Engineering)
- ACM SIG-CHI (Association for Computing Machinery - Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction) / member of the specialized conferences committee
- SBC (Sociadade Brasileira de Computação) - Member of Special Committee on Human-Computer Interaction (CEIHC) / 2008-2011
- AFIHM (Association Francophone d'Interaction Homme-Machine)
- ISWE (International Society for Web Engineering)
Member of the Program Committee
• Simpósio Brasileiro sobre Fatores Humanos em Sistemas Computacionais
• 1st IEEE International Workshop on Communicating Business Process and Software Models (CPSM 2013)
• 4th International Workshop on Quality in Web Engineering (QWE'13)
• CHI Workshop on HCI & Public Policy (co-organizer)
• XV Simposium on Virtual and Augmented Reality
• ACM Special Interest Group on Design of Communication (SIGDOC'2013)
• International Conference Multimedia-Interaction-Design-Innovation (MIDI 2013)
• Workshop on Engineering Mobile Web Applications (EMotions'2013) (co-organizers) in conjunction with ICWE'2013
• 9th International Workshop on Model-Driven and Agile Engineering for the Web (MDWE'2013)
• International Conference on Information Systems and Design of Communication (ISDOC2013)
• XIV Spanish Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (INTERACCION'2013)
• 13th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2013) (also Doctoral Consortium co-chair)
• 12th International Conference on Entertainment Computing (ICEC'2013)
• 3rd International Conference on Application and Theory of Automation in Command and Control Systems (ATACCS'2013) (publication chair)
• World Wide Web Conference (WWW'2013)
• IFIP TC13 Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (INTERACT'2013) (publication chair)
• ACM Engineering Interactive Systems (EICS2013) (workshops co-chair)
• International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science (CLOSER'2013)
• International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies (WebIST'2013)
- (2012): • International Joint Conference on Ambient Intelligence (AmI'2012) • Int. Workshop on Quality in Web Engineering (QWE'2012) • 1st Int. Workshop on Crowdsourced Web Engineering • 8thInternational Workshop on Model-Driven Web Engineering (MDWE 2012) • British HCI conference (HCI 2012) • WWW/Interenet (CIAWI'2012) • XIII Interacción Persona-Ordenador (Interacción'2012) • 14th IEEE International Symposium on Web Systems Evolution (WSE'2012) • 11th International Conference on Entertainment Computing (ICEC'2012) • Workshop Open Source and Design of Communication OSDOC2012 • ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (Work in Progress track) • Fun and Games (FnG 2012) (local organization and publication chair) • ACM Engineering Interactive Systems (EICS2012) • ACM International Conference on Design of Communication (SIGDOC 2012) • Brazilian Symposium on Human Factors in Computing Systems (IHC'2012) (industrial papers co-chair) • International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE'2012) • HCSE'2012 - 4th Conference on Human Centred Software Engineering (general co-chair) • WEBIST'2012 - Int. Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies • WWW'2012 - World Wide Web Conference • 1st International Conference on Application and Theory of Automation in Command and Control Systems (ATACCS 2012) (Publicity & Publication chair) • 2nd International Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science (CLOSER 2012) • Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI'2012) • 13th Ibero-American Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IBERAMIA'2012)
- (2011): • OSDOC'2011 • UIDL'2011 • WEIHC 2011(co-organizer) • 5th IFIP's Working Group 13.2 Workshop PUX (co-organizer) • ACM SIGDOC 2011 • ICWE'2011 • INTERACT'2011 (publication chair) • ACM EICS 2011 (tutorials co-chair) • ICEC 2011 • ATACCS 2011 (Publicity & Publication chair) • Workshop SUI 2011 • EHCIDE'2011 • DATAVIEW'2011 • IHC+CLIHC'2011 • MDWE 2011 • QWE'2011 • WeRE'2011
- (2010): • WEIHC'2010(co-organizer) • OSDOC 2010 • DATAVIEW'10 • ACM SIGDOC 2010 • 22ème IHM'2010 (Edition des actes) • ACM SAC'2010 (HCI track) • ACM EICS 2010 (Publicity chair) • ICWE'2010 • HCSE 2010 • IHC 2010 in conjunction with SWIB 2010 (Tutorial co-chair) • WeRE'10 • QWE'2010 • NordiCHI 2010 • 6thMDWE 2010
- (2009): ACM Symposium EICS'2009 (publicity co-chair) • CLIHC'2009 • DEGAS'2009 (organizing co-chair) • ENC'09 (Software Engineering track) • HCIMMUC'2009 • IADIS-IHCI'2009 • ICWE'2009 • INTERACT'2009 (publication chair) • IWWOST'2009 (organizing co-chair) • IWWUA'2009 • MDWE'2009 • TAMODIA'2009
- (2008): MDWE'2008 • CIAWI'2008 • CADUI'2008 • DSVIS'2008 • EIS'2008: HCSE-TAMODIA • ICWE'2008 • IHC'2008 (program co-chair) • IWWOST'2008 (organizing co-chair) • IWWUA'2008 • LA-WEB'2008 • MDWE'2008
- (older conferences): CIAWI'2007 • DEGAS'2007 (organizing co-chair) • EIS'2007 • IADIS'2007 • IFIP TC13 INTERACT'2007 (publication chair, doctoral consortium jury) • IWWOST'2007 (organizing co-chair) • IWWUA'2007 • TAMODIA'2007 (program co-chair) • IHC'2006 (short papers co-chair) • TAMODIA'2006 • IADIS'2005 • INTERACT'2005 • TAMODIA'2005 • IHC'2004 • TAMODIA'2004